Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Catching Up

Has it really been a week since I have posted? Yikes! Motherhood has really kept me busier than usual during that time, not to mention we've been hurrying around trying to get wood split before the snow flies. Fall is definitely here, though. My porch is a sea of leaves! If I were the proactive type (or, well, any type but the lazy type), I'd sweep it off. But it makes such a nice crunching, swishing noise when I walk through it. Maybe in a few days.

The shirt is still not finished. I am just going to take my time in this one and not rush. I need to put the sleeves on. They are gathered and ready to go, at least. I've also been going through and washing all of the vintage fabric I got a couple of weeks ago from the nice lady I mentioned in an older post. I haven't gotten around to photographing it, but I promise I will soon!

The sugar war is going well. The past two days in particular I have been feeling very good. It's amazing how much sugar alters my mood. It truly does make me a horrible grouch. At first it has a soothing effect, but then I become like some crack addict in withdrawl if I don't get more. Interestingly, I remember reading that Gloria Swanson (of Sunset Boulevard fame, for those of you going, "Who??") also cut sugar from her diet after finally making the connection between it and her depression/mood swings. Not that sugar is the root of all evil (or of all depression, for that matter), but there's certainly something to that, in my case. Oh sugar, why must you taste so good yet be so bad?

Also, I have been tagged by Fiona! That calls for a post all its own, I think. Thanks, Fii, for thinking of me. The first thought I had was, "Gosh, do I even have seven friends?" Pathetic, right? Ha!

1 comment:

MadeByAmanda said...

Glad to see you again! I was wondering if your child's illness had gone around the family, leaving everyone weak and puny with some awful plague. :)