Thursday, September 27, 2007

(Dis)Comfort Food

Took the little boys with me to the Goodwill and totally pillaged the place of all of their frightening cookbooks. I have collected these things since I was a kid, and I still can't quite explain my morbid fascination with them. Maybe it's the garish colors, or the impossible food combinations; anyway, I found quite a few good ones today. Maybe one day I will actually get up the nerve to make some of these dishes, like my fun friends at Swapatorium.

The goods:















All of those up there are hardbacks. Then I got these fun pamphlet-type cookbooks, also from BHG. They have some really cool illustrations in them that didn't quite turn out when I tried to photograph them. Someday I'll get a scanner and do them justice.



































Nothing says "delicious" like cantaloupe wrapped in raw bacon.

Also picked up some really cute vintage "Amish" cookbooks. The cover graphics are really bright.




It's a rainy day, and I feel like drinking hot tea and doing nothing. Sounds like a plan. But first...













Sliced tomatoes in a brandy snifter. Classy.

2 comments:

MadeByAmanda said...

Is that one picture raw bacon draped over cantaloupe? Eew.

Heather said...

why yes, it is. yum yum.