Thursday, September 27, 2007

Movin' Right Along

The smock is coming along nicely. I started sewing early today; normally I don't start until the afternoon when the boys are napping.


The garden is done for the year, and the flowerbeds seem to be petering out as well. There's still some lovely purple wildflowers to enjoy, as well as the "autumn joy" and mums.



And of course, this little indoor hibiscus, who puts on a show all year long:

Aside: My sister and I loved the song "Movin' Right Along" from the original Muppet movie. We played that record to death as kids. I often think about how much I miss the organic, scratchy sound of LPs. Compared to the pristine digital sound of today, it doesn't stand a chance, of course, but I prefer it. There are so many memories of begging my dad to put on Simon and Garfunkel so my sister and I could dance to "Slip Slidin' Away," only to have my Dad yell every time that our frantic jumping and ballet leaping was making the record skip. There was a Fisher Price record player at the thrift shop the other day. Maybe I need to introduce the joy of 45s to the kids.

No comments: