Saturday, September 22, 2007

Jackpot 2: Electric Boogaloo


Sophie and I had to run to the grocery store this afternoon to get appropriate dinner foods, and I decided to stop at a garage sale along the way. Today was my lucky day, folks. I asked the lady running the sale if she had any fabric, and she rummaged around in her garage for a minute and returned with a HUGE Rubbermaid container full of vintage fabric. Some of it she brought to the US from Italy when she got married even. I looked through the container and took some, mostly cotton. She told me to come back tomorrow so she could give me the rest, along with other boxes for FREE!

I haven't ever had such a satisfactory garage sale day ever. Between this lady and the lady from this morning, it can't get any better.

Isn't this poodle fabric hilarious? It's a bunch of circles with tongues and bows:


My favorite print from this batch is this one. I am really hoping that there's more of it, since this piece is very small:


Most of the fabric that I saw hadn't even been washed; a lot of it still had the original labels on it from when it was first cut and paid for.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Ooh! You did hit the jackpot! Good for you!!