Friday, September 21, 2007

Smocktacular

The new Singer is a go! I pick her up today. I am so excited!

I was on Burdastyle last night, and I was going through the latest submissions in the user creations category (dang there's some talented people on that site) and recognized Simplicity 4589, beautifully rendered in a bunch of cool fabrics, all by the same gal.

Here's the pattern; it's smocktacular:

This was one of the first patterns I ever tried, and I hated it. I just couldn't figure out how to fit the sleeves properly given the square neckline I was working with and how the seams intersected. But that was many moons ago in my sewing career (heh), and she inspired me to try again.

Head over to Burdastyle and check out the lovely work of Littleladyluxe right quick. The plaid one is my fave. Now I think I know what to do with that tartan fabric I picked up at a garage sale last weekend!

2 comments:

MadeByAmanda said...

Ooooh, you will have to let us know how the new machine goes. I'm really interested in getting one, because I prefer mechanical machines and didn't know anyone really made them (with metal parts) anymore.

Heather said...

I *just* picked it up and plan on getting right to work on it after dinner! I will post the details.